In 1932, the NHL let grain merchant James E. Norris, who had made two previous unsuccessful bids to buy an NHL team, purchase the Falcons. Norris' first act was to choose a new name for the team—the Red Wings. Earlier in the century, Norris had been a member of the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association (MAAA), a multi-sport club whose winged-wheel emblem derived from its cycling roots, and whose hockey team won the first Stanley Cup in 1893. Norris decided that a red version of the MAAA "Winged Wheelers" logo was perfect for a team playing in the "Motor City" and on October 5, 1932, the club was renamed the Red Wings. The Red Wings played at the Detroit Olympia.
Crafted with the intention of being the softest shirt in your lineup, our signature tees are made with premium airlume (for softness) and ringspun (for durability) cotton combined with poly to make the perfect tee👌 that wears and feels like a well-worn favorite. Our garments are printed with inks that actually blend into the fabric giving it more character and true vintage look with every wash.